Our retreats feature: top yoga teachers, rejuvenating thermal waters and healthy Ayurvedic meals
More video impressions:
Our Guest location YOGA HOTEL ****LE BRISTOL
Leukerbad ist ein Kraftort
Leukerbad and the thermal baths
At 1400 m above sea level, it is the largest thermal spa and wellness resort in the Alps: 10 thermal baths (from 28°C to 43°C) and a wide range of spa facilities. Leukerbad is surrounded by the most impressive Valaisan mountains where you can enjoy outdoor sports like hiking, biking, skiing, climbing and paragliding, to name a few.
Thermal water is the universal element in Leukerbad. The natural hot springs were already used in ancient Roman times and since the Middle Age, guests have regularly travelled to Leukerbad to relax in the thermal pools. In addition to the scientifically proven medicinal effects of the thermal waters, issues of prevention and relaxation are becoming more and more prevalent. The hotel Le Bristol has it owns hot spring (33°C) and the greatest private thermal pools in Leukerbad.
With the daily influx of 3.9 million liters of 51°C (124°F) natural thermal water, Leukerbad is the European leader of thermal waters and their many beneficial uses.
Today, classical Balneology is often spa-specific due to the natural local remedies such as medicinal water, gases and peloids (medicinal mud, mud, mud and silt). Balneology different effect components, that is to say mechanical, thermal, chemical and non-specific irritant effects.
- Due to the buoyancy of water, the actual weight of the body rocks in the water are less than 10%. Thus, the joints movements in the water move easier. In addition, the support and postural muscles is reflexively relaxed in the water.
- The viscosity of the frictional resistance counteracts the movement of the human body. The muscles are strengthened by training in therapies in the water (swimming fins, WetVest-aqua jogging) and the movement harmonized.
- The thermal effects relax the muscles, improve the elasticity of the connective tissue and liquefy the synovial fluid - the latter has on arthritic joints a positive impact.
Chemical effects of the thermal water
The water uptake and release through the skin and ions are exchanged.
- The mineral springs in Leukerbad contain predominantly calcium sulfate minerals, Ex. Gypsum. Warm waters gypsum relieves rheumatic and neurological conditions and help after an accident.
- Similarly, these mineral waters are diuretics and constipation.
Yoga and our body, a gainful investment
These are a few of the benefits from a regular yoga practice:
- Improves the power of concentration
- Increases endurance
- Enhances confidence
- Builds stamina
- Stimulates creativity
- Develops intuition
- Promotes hormonal balance
- Detoxifies our internal organs
Ayurvedic food, a balanced diet
Yoga and Ayurveda are a perfect match, the more you become aware of your body the more importance you give to your diet. After all, we are what we eat. During our retreats you will be introduced to the best Ayurvedic diet made of of regional, seasonal, and natural whole foods. be sure that the benefits that will occur are not only felt in your body but quite instantly seen in your mental and emotional wellbeing as well.
Annia Titus: Kochkurse und Massagen: http://www.emindex.ch/hp/home.las?s=annia.titus
Ayurveda-Therapeut Harish Gunputh: http://www.airyoga.ch/de/ayurveda
For more information: https://nccih.nih.gov/health/ayurveda/introduction.htm